Thursday, September 22, 2011

Banana Coconut Muffins

In the midst of the wedding mayhem, our bunch of bananas sat on the counter for a week and did not get eaten. So, I decided since there were several of them that I'd make a batch of banana muffins. Ordinarily I'd put chocolate chips in them, but I was fresh out of those.

So, I decided to just go ahead and make plain banana muffins. Then, as I was looking in the cupboard I saw a bag of coconut. I mentioned to the hubs that I wanted to make some banana coconut muffins. I expected him to do the usual, 'eh whatever you want babe.' Instead I got 'wow that sounds really good!' This is a very unusual thing to hear from him, so I jumped on it and started!

I used this recipe from All Recipes for banana muffins, and added in a cup and a half of coconut to it. When these came out, hubs couldn't wait to dig in because they were the perfectly browned and looked great. They tasted as great as they looked. The picture isn't doing it justice, my camera is dead and charging so I used the webcam on the computer to take these pics of these nuggets of yumminess.

Here is the recipe. It's simple and easy, and great. This is for 12 muffins, one of my favorite features in All Recipes is that you can change the servings and it will recalculate the ingredients for you. I went ahead and recalculated to 18 muffins, and it actually made 20.

Banana Coconut Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  2. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Stir in coconut. Scoop into muffin pans.
  3. Bake in preheated oven. Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment