Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Heaband - Feathers & Tulle

I figured it's about time to get my craft on here. This is a headband I made a while back, but it was super simple and easy! The Wal Mart was closing out it's fabric department, and they had everything there 75% off. There wasn't a lot of good fabrics, but I did find a ton of tulle. For like 25 cents a yard I bought a lot and started looking for things to do with it. This is one of the first things I did, and I'm still looking for more to do a year later! :)

For this I used feather, tulle, a bit of felt, and a big button. You'll also need a glue gun and a headband. This could easily be put onto a pin back or other hair pin if wanted. 

I first cut a circle out of the tulle. I  gathered it just a little in the center to give it some additional texture.Then, I took my feathers and started gluing them around the center. I put a small piece of felt on the other side of the tulle to prevent dripping glue and so they had something to stick to. 

I use a button large enough to cover the stems of the feathers, and glued it in the center. Last was to put it on a headband. I put an additional piece of felt on the other side of the headband to hold it on. Does that make any sense, I'm not sure, but you can see the picture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment