Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Help - movie time

This afternoon, my wonderful boss took our team to go see The Help. We were looking for a team activity to do, and we are having book club on Monday to discuss The Help (and eat some really good food). So, she thought it would be a great idea for us to go and check out the movie.
It was incredible. We laughed, we cried, and we had a good time. There of course were parts that were adapted differently to the screen, but the great thing was that they worked in the movie. There was excellent casting, and they really captured who we all pictured the characters in the book to be.

I heard someone comment that from the previews the movie looked too sunny and happy. I must say, as I watched the previews I did think the same thing, but when it came down to the actual film there were those tough, emotional scenes that were carried out very well. They captured the dark parts of the book that were needed to keep it real.

I can't wait til this is on dvd and I can sit on the couch and watch it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment