Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Burgers

One of my favorite parts of Halloween is a family tradition of my family since I was kid. Each year for Halloween we make pumpkin burgers. I have made these every year for as long as I can remember, and I can't imagine a Halloween without them. They are simple and fun, and you'll want to make them over and over again! And, not to worry no pumpkins are harmed in the making of these burgers!

These take a few simple ingredients:

-Biscuits (Make your own or go easy and use Pillsbury, whatever you have time for)
-Ground beef (or ground turkey)
-Onion
-BBQ sauce
-Shredded cheese


For this sample I did a couple pack of standrd size biscuits, 1 lb ground beef, and half an onion and it made 15 small burgers. One of the great things about these is you can easily make a few or a ton.

First, preheat oven to 350. Then, brown the ground beef with the onion.

Drain the beef and mix with BBQ sauce until its all coated. 
Take a biscuit and flatten it out.
Put flattened biscuit on cookie sheet and put a scoop of the ground beef on it. Be sure there is room around  all of the edges.
 Put a bit of cheese on top
 Flatten out another biscuit and cut a jack-o-lantern face in the biscuit, a butter knife is great for this. It is also a great job for kids (or husbands who are sometimes kids)
 Put your cut out face over the beef and cheese.

 Bake your nuggets of goodness for 8-10 minutes,or until golden brown. 
 Enjoy!!

Every year we say that we should eat these more often than just at Halloween, but for some reason it just never happens. So every year we get the start of October, and I start getting excited about eating these and eat them up like there is no tomorrow when I get them!

Linked up at:
BWS tips button
The Girl CreativeMaking Monday Marvelous Linky Party
It's a Blog Party
I'm topsy turvy tuesdays
rocaandcompanyTotally Tutorials Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look awesome! And so festive...bet they're fun to eat. :) I'd love for you to link up at my kids' projects party!

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-craft-challenge-5-kids-craft-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome. My kids would love it.

    Thanks for linking up to Totally Tutorial Tuesday.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete